Responsible for the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The associate will be responsible for the appropriate use of facility, supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, injury and fraud.
Work Experience, Education & Skills Required:
1- A minimum of 1 year experience in kitchen preparation and cooking a plus.
2- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
3- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills. Verbal and written English language is essential in order to communicate effectively.
4- Ability to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours), reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less.
5- Manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
6- Excellent guest service skills
Main Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
2. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
3. Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
4. Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
5. Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
6. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment. Cleans/washes utensils, pots, pans and removes kitchen waste/trash.