The incumbent supports the Store Manager while directing the sales force in providing superior customer service. Monitor the sales force in product knowledge, selling skills and customer relations. Analyze sales data and recommend merchandise items to meet customer preferences to increase sales.
Performs and is responsible for staffing plans (schedules)
Performs recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and performance management of staff
Advise and recommend disciplinary action up to and including discharge
Supervise the staff’s daily duties, work schedules, performance planning, coaching and counseling (verbal and written).
Assist with any benefit/compensation issues, address complaints and resolve problems.
Ensure compliance of U.S. Customs Regulations and company policies and procedures.
Assist Store Manager with ongoing sales training and assists associates in obtaining new product knowledge, merchandise promotions information and customer service and sales skills (identifying and fulfilling customer needs, up-sells and add-on purchasing).
Performs store opening and closing procedures, cash and sales reconciliation, payroll/commission submissions and U.S. Customs Entries (ATF Reports)
Responsible for replenishment process and keeps Store Manager updated
Participate in receiving, transferring and returning merchandise.
Perform loss prevention and inventory audits.
Assist Store Manager with development and implementing business plans to increase sales.
Ensure customers receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, handling inquires and resolving complaints in a professional manner.
Assist customers in sales function by identifying and fulfilling customer needs, up-sells and add-on purchasing.
Direct and floor moves, display maintenance and store housekeeping
Adhere to Company policies, procedures and practices including pricing, U.S. Custom regulations and loss prevention
Performs other duties as required
- Regular and reliable attendance. Flexibility and ability to work varied hours/days as business needs dictates.
- Ability to speak comprehensibly and hear effectively with customers, vendors and/or associates of the organization.
- Ability to read efficiently, perform basic mathematical functions (count, add, subtract, divide & multiply) and write to accurately complete work related documentation.
- Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands include frequently sitting for long periods of time; standing, walking; ability to reach above or below shoulders, twist at the waist, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and balance.