Duty Free Americas
Miami International Airport
- Position Objective
The Store Supervisor is responsible for providing assistance to the Store Management in all aspects of operations for a fast-paced, high volume duty-free retail store. This includes store operations in absence of managers, demonstrating outstanding sales and customer service skills for sales and support store associates, generate sales, store housekeeping, loss prevention, merchandising, pricing, cash register operations (POS), adherence to U.S. Custom Regulations and all company policies and procedures.
Ensure customers receive outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and handling inquires in a professional manner.
Assist customers in sales function by identifying and fulfilling customer needs, up-sells and add-on purchasing.
Manages store in the absence of Store Manager or Assistant Manager which includes; performing store opening and/or closure procedures, work schedule assignments, informing managers of any customer/associate issues or complaints, ensure compliance of U.S. Customs Regulations and company policies and procedures.
Assist in sales training by demonstrating outstanding sales skills, product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements
Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise
Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and light store housekeeping.
Adhere to Company policies, procedures and practices including pricing, U.S. Custom regulations and loss prevention.
Performs other duties as required
- Regular and reliable attendance. Flexibility and ability to work varied hours/days as business needs dictates.
- Ability to speak comprehensibly and hear effectively with customers, vendors and/or associates of the organization.
- Ability to read efficiently, perform basic mathematical functions (count, add, subtract, divide & multiply) and write to accurately complete work related documentation.
- Comprehension of cash handling (denominations of monies to make change)
- Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical demands include frequently standing for long periods of time; walking; ability to reach above or below shoulders, twist at the waist, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and balance.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to operate electronic equipment (P.O.S., Credit Card Verification etc.) and use equipment (manual) such as ladder, step stool, objects with wheels, spray bottles and other cleaning equipment necessary to perform job function.