Under close, daily supervision of Store Management, the Newsstand Sales Associate will sell, stock, record and report on all in-store activities as directed, while actively participating in the overall program for good customer service and housekeeping, constantly maintaining a neat and professional personal appearance and hygiene level at all times which is acceptable to customers, as determined solely by Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN ADDITION TO ANY AND ALL OTHERS AS MANAGEMENT MAY ASSIGN:
Possessing the necessary experience and ability for exerting positive influence over critical in store customer service and sales support functions, the Newsstand Sales Associate must be able to perform the following tasks:
1. Approach customers in a cheerful, pleasant, helpful and courteous manner to include greeting, suggestive selling and departing remarks.
2. Obtain and exhibit a thorough knowledge and understanding of all merchandise offered for sale to be able to discuss available options with customers.
3. Operate cash registers and handle sales transactions efficiently and accurately and in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
4. Maintain a thorough awareness of customer, personnel, vendor and merchandise movement within the store and assure security over all company assets.
5. Receive, display and record merchandise shipments and transfers when applicable.
6. Assist in visual merchandising, as directed, keeping work location neat and attractive.
7. Process and maintain in-store merchandise inventory records when applicable.
8. Assist in the training and development of other personnel may be requested.
9. Perform store opening and/or closing procedures accurately and efficiently and according to standard operating procedures.
10. Comply with company policies and procedures, including Policy Manual.
11. Provide regular and predictable attendance considering any rights to leaves provided by law or company policies.
12. Perform all essential job functions without posing a direct threat of harm to yourself or others.
QUALIFICAT IONS /REQUIREMENTS:
• High School or equivalent diploma preferred.
• Prior retail experience preferred.
• Available to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends, as needed.
• Ability to effectively communicate in spoken English.
• Ability to maintain a cheerful , pleasant, helpful and courteous disposition with customers and co-workers throughout the work day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements employees must regularly meet to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Requires prolonged standing, for a minimum of 6 hours at a time.
• Requires walking short and long distances, at times between store lo cations.
• Requires ability to travel inside, outside, and between work locations.
• Requires squatting, crouching, stooping, bending, stretching, and reaching.
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 30 pounds.
• Requires a normal range of hearing, vision, speech, and dexterity (with or without correction).
• Requires the ability to withstand a high level of noise within airport locations and at off site locations.
The above statements reflect the general nature, level of work, and minimum duties considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job identified and are not a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Not all functions listed may be performed, and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs as determined by the Company.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on any factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local law such as race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, workers' compensation claims, veteran status, or political affiliation. The Company will make reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on our operation, subject to applicable law.
For questions or additional information please call 305-869-4178