The Sales Associate responsibilities are to sell, stock, record and report on all in-store activities as directed, while actively participating in the overall program for good customer service and housekeeping, constantly maintaining a neat and professional personal appearance and hygiene level at all times which is acceptable to customers, as determined solely by Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN ADDITION TO ANY AND ALL OTHERS AS MANAGEMENT MAY ASSIGN:
Possessing the necessary experience and ability for exerting positive influence over critical in store customer service and sales support functions, the Newsstand Sales Associate must be able to perform the following tasks:
1. Approach customers in a cheerful, pleasant, helpful and courteous manner to include greeting, suggestive selling and departing remarks.
2. Obtain and exhibit a thorough knowledge and understanding of all merchandise offered for sale to be able to discuss available options with customers.
3. Operate cash registers and handle sales transactions efficiently and accurately and in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
4. Maintain a thorough awareness of customer, personnel, vendor and merchandise movement within the store and assure security over all company assets.
5. Receive, display and record merchandise shipments and transfers when applicable.
6. Assist in visual merchandising, as directed, keeping work location neat and attractive.
7. Process and maintain in-store merchandise inventory records when applicable.
8. Assist in the training and development of other personnel may be requested.
9. Perform store opening and/or closing procedures accurately and efficiently and according to standard operating procedures.
10. Comply with company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICAT IONS /REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or equivalent diploma preferred.
- Prior retail experience preferred. Florida Lottery experience a plus.
- Available to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate in spoken English.
- Ability to maintain a cheerful , pleasant, helpful and courteous disposition with customers and co-workers throughout the work day.
For questions or additional information please email General Manager William Gomez email@example.com